Translate

Follow

Monday, February 1, 2016

Love At First Bite: Rancrisp Cassava Chips

Follow my blog with Bloglovin






Yay! Foooood!

Last Friday I had to go shopping to stock up on my midnight snacks, we’ve been having early dinners these days, so by 1 or 2, I’m extremely hungry all over again, hence, the stocking up. (Plus I’m a munching mouse, I need an excuse)

Along with the usual Pringles and stuff, I saw this and grabbed immediately, I’ve tried this only thrice, and it was love at first bite, it’s available only at selected supermarkets, and stocks clear very fast, so if you see this, you HAVE to grab as many as possible.

Sri Lanka and Snacks

Sri Lanka has a wide variety of snacks, but only a few that match international brands (Chatters and TipiTips <3 ). Like I mentioned earlier it was love at first bite, one of my sisters offered me, and I HAD to go get the name of the chips from her, when I found out it’s Lankan, that is when I realized that we’ve nailed it in the snack world, both locally and internationally!

About it

NO ADDED
MSG
Cassava Chips or commonly known as Manioc chips, are available in every nook and corner, and you can get it for a minimum cost of 20 LKR (0.14$), but most of them are basically seasoned with salt and chili powder.

But this is the 1st time a Sri lankan company has tried adding flavours loved and used in every Lankan household like garlic and onion. Not only is it crispy and rich in flavor, it also has NO ADDED MSG.
Sri Lankan to the Core

This is also a great opportunity for those who cultivate manioc in the country, all in all great work Rancrisp!

Other Flavours
There are 2 flavours in the Cassava Chips range, Pepper & Sea Salted and Hot n Spicy, I’ve never had the chance to try the latter, but will do soon.

Ingredients
Salt, Sugar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Spices and Herbs (Chilli, Oregano), Black Pepper, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (Soya), Edible Vegetable Oil, Acidifying Agents (E330, E296), Anticaking Agent (E551)

Price
120 LKR (0.83$) for 100g

Rating
5/5

Will I Buy Again?
Arey, it’s a 5/5, I’m going to stock up!


Give it a try if you haven’t already, if you did, share your experience with us  

1 comment: