Translate

Follow

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Long Time, No Write : Updates of the Months Past: Making Memories

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hey There! Long time, no write, and I blame it all on the months past!

If February was horrible, then March is terribly terrible, or whatever similar word there is.

February turned out to be a month with overcast skies, so just like with the sky, the climate clouded my thoughts too!! Just the perfect weather to sleep all day or read, all in all, LAZY month... (Book of the month, End Game by James Frey, can't wait to get my hands on the sequel!!)

And then follows Maaaaarch, I had been expecting a sunny month so that I can get back to all my usual activities, especially writing, you see four weeks without writing is so NOT cool.

Turned out my wish for the weather was granted after all, just a few times more than what anyone could have wished for.

Apparently the heat is gonna get worse as the months go on, so much for cutting trees! You go nature! Sometimes I wonder, when will people ever learn from their mistakes?? 

Luckily, the rains have returned as I type this, a better April by the feel of it, and after a bad month, this is all we need right now.

And then the Deaths, my gran passed away during the 1st week of the month, she was healthy, happy and comparatively young. Though I never had a very close relationship with her, once she was gone, it rocked our world, nothing is the same without her even though we only realized it once she was gone. 

Her death taught us many lessons, especially that death is totally unpredictable, and this world is short lived, so whatever we need to do or tell to someone, better now than later, I truly wish that I could have done many when she was alive, and it deeply hurts knowing that we will be celebrating all the special occasions in life without her.

Sometimes we take relationships for granted, friends, family, love, well the future is unstable for all of us, nobody can guarantee a long life, so it's always better if we don't put off everything to do later, let's do when we have time, let's do it when we have money, it'll never happen, when we do have the time and money, then we won't have the people we wanted to make memories with.

Small things like a meal for the family, gift for a loved one, or little gestures need not be put away for tomorrow, next month or next year, they may never come, for you or them. IF anything happens, and we never got to do what we wanted for them, or say the words which would mean a lot, the regret and pain is much more than the human mind can imagine.

If a loved one stopped talking to you, or left you to never look at you again, and that managed to blow a hole inside you, to change your life completely, imagine what it is like to have a loved one go to a point of no return?

At one point of life, everyone needs to see a person take their last breaths, it hurts, shatters you, but it also brings you back to reality, the important matters at hand, that it's about making memories and living life with people you know. 

Sometimes we may not even realize our love for someone, or how much our soul yearns for their company until they are away, or gone forever. I guess our minds cloud our emotions most of the time.
Today, you may hate your parents, siblings, husband, children, relatives for minute reasons, but tomorrow, they are nothing but bad memories and regrets.

I was thinking of only one post with a complete update of March, but never expected to write this much on this one topic, this is the first, writing without having rough notes, so as this is kinda long, I've decided to post the rest separately.

So, Yes, it is very hard without my granny, but then again, life has to go on, instead of worrying about what could have been done, it's high time we look into what could be done.

Two days back we were looking at my grannys photo albums, and then looking at those, there was a completely different feeling that washed over, which I  wouldn't have had if I were looking on my phone. No matter how many thousands of photos we've got on our phone or computer, it's never the same like going through albums, that night I made a resolution to store all our best future memories in an album.

And I end this post with a poem I found on FB yesterday, which has turned out to be my life goals in one picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment