Translate

Follow

Monday, January 25, 2016

Lessons from a Sunday Evening

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



Sundays, argh, I know every one of us hates Sundays , the day that takes away our freedom to sleep more the next day, but oddly though sunday is the day I find myself working a lot, usually saturday is my day, sleep as much as you want!

Sunday on the other hand is my stay at home, active day, solely dedicated to my hobbies and everything else (Laundry, Cleaning etc), oh and NO TV (Not a big TV fan).

Sunday is also my blog idea day, especially the last hour of Sunday, I wonder if it’s the stress of the past week upon me, or the thought of Monday and no sleep or just the excitement of writing a new post, I do not know.

As the title suggests, yes, the previous Sunday did indeed teach me a few lessons, which I’ll not forget forever, and which I will take encouragement from, this post serves that purpose, of reminding me forever.

LESSON 1: DO NOT HANG ON TO OLD THINGS, AT ONE POINT YOU GOTTA LET GO

It started off late evening, when I decided to go through my accessories, and pick which ones still suit best (high time I wear them), so half of my fashion jewelry were handed down (or rather taken forcefully) by my siblings, while the other half were given to the bin (I did keep 2 or 3 for me), I could have given them for someone, but  still, it’s always best to give the best to others, If you don’t like it or need it, others won’t too.

And these, mind you, were my most treasured, and rarely worn, that day I decided that they are not going to adorn my cupboard anymore, at one point I have to give them up for some one in real need, someone who wears them, and that’s exactly what I did!


LESSON 2: DO NOT PROCRASTINATE, IF YOU CAN DO IT TOMORROW YOU CAN DO IT TODAY, AND YOU CAN DO ANYTHING

One thing led to another, and I found myself giving my room a complete cleanup, making changes here and there.

That is when I noticed THE loose panel at the back of my table, it’s been there that way for the past 2 years and I’ve always wanted to get it done by a carpenter, which obviously never happened, and I decided that today would be the last day I’ll think that way.

Paused everything which I was doing, grabbed a few nails, a hammer and in 15 minutes, there my table is, with no sign of a 2 year old loose panel.

Sometimes we’ve got to be the carpenter, painter (happy to say that I did my entire room alone last Feb) , plumber and everything else in our life.

We’ve got to stop depending on others or procrastinating matters, especially if it takes a few minutes to to get it done, why not do it right NOW?

LESSON 3: YOU FIND BEAUTY IN THE MOST UNLIKELIEST THINGS

The branches that add 'something' to my boring table
Once done with the cleaning, it was time to get those branches in place, while one was serving its purpose as room décor, the other, well, was kinda a mess in my room, and I only wanted the main branch out of it.

I cut off the edges, and was picking them up to throw, voila, there’s a beauty in my hands, I really didn’t have the heart to dispose it, and now, they add something to my boring table.

LESSON 4: BEING A WOMAN ISN’T EASY

At the end of the night, while brushing, I was going through everything that took place throughout the day in my mind, and the things I have to do after brushing, its definitely not easy being a woman.

So much to take care of , Skincare, Oral care, Hair care (especially with dry curly hair like mine), and then there is the health to watch out for, eat healthy, office work, gotta keep the place tidy, keep relationships going, damn, kudos to us women!

Last but not the least, saw this picture on Instagram, found it too cute, and couldn't help but share it with everyone.

Resolutions for everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment